Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a Boy!!

Well, after waiting 40 minutes to see the Dr. and what felt like an hour waiting for the little guy to open his legs, we found out we were going to be the proud parents of a healthy baby boy! He is apparently very shy and took alot of prodding and me walking around to make his grand appearance. He stayed in a ball for nearly 10 minutes, and then sloooooooowly began to stretch out. When she said "It's a Boy!", we were both so giddy with excitement (to say the least). It feels so real now!

The first part of the sonogram revealed a very healthy heart, spine, brain, arms, hands, feet, ribs, etc.! It's such a miracle ~ I've always thought that, but when you see your baby up on the screen like this, it hits you so hard! Jason and I feel overwhelmed right now with an indescribable joy and gratefulness already for the answered prayers and the very blessing that this little baby boy has already been in our lives.

We of course went directly after a celebratory dinner to Super Target and picked out some very cute baby boy clothes and a little bear! I've never seen Jason grin this much, except for perhaps right after our wedding ceremony!! He's a proud papa!

More updates to come as well as pictures!

Love, Jason and Emily

Many thanks to my mom who held the video camera for so long, and to Aunt Cathy and Uncle Matt who loaned us the video camera.

4 comments:

Tim and Steph Lovell said...

Me and Steph are so happy for ya'll. Can't wait to get all the Babies together. Lot's of love take care. P.S. He is beautiful.

The Tenner Family said...

Yea for Little Boys!! I am thrilled to have an excuse to look at the boy clothes tomorrow at Target! We are still so happy for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Corpus Christi said...

You will be wonderful parents to a beautiful little boy! I can just see Jason now and that makes me so happy!

Lisa said...

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL. SO MANY NEW LITTLE ONES ARRIVING!!! THAT'S GREAT. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THEM ALL. HOPE TO BE ABLE TO VISIT SOON. LOVE, LISA AND KELLY