I have a moment to write, so I'll fill you in on what's going on.
Last Thursday (I think), we decided we had been at the Hotel one week and four days too long and packed it up. We slept that night in our own home and were so thankful! Early that next morning, the hardwood floor guys came to replace the floors in our kitchen and breakfast room. We decided to not put hardwoods back in the utility room or the half bath (too high maintenance in 'wet' areas). We're putting ceramic tile in there. That weekend, we tidied up as much as we could and settled in once again.
Clark, of course, was resilient through everything. He pretty much looked like this the whole time:
He's sleeping in his crib now, thanks to an elevated pillow. No more boppy bouncer - only for naps. His reflux/indigestion is on the whole improving (or perhaps more 'controlled'). He's still on the Enfamil Lipil formula (Target-brand ;-)) for now, but we may move to Soy or Gentlease after his next appointment. One major update for Clark - he has discovered his vocal cords! He doesn't just moan anymore when he's hungry or getting changed - oh no! He wales (sp) At first, we just giggled because we were so impressed with his attempt at being fussy, but in the middle of the night when you're fixing his reflux prescription, maalox dose, 3oz bottle, mylecon drops and dirty diaper, YIKES! Nah, in seriousness, it's what it's all about and we're thankful for every new change in our little boy's life! He's just figuring things out like us ~ and we too are behind the learning curve it seems! :-)
Another thing I've noticed that our friends and family told us about: Time flies!! I was holding Clark the other day, and I'm thinking 'Gee, he's actually heavy now!'. Nana Evelyn and Papa Rick stopped by Sunday evening to see us and Evelyn even noticed he's getting a belly! Ha! I hadn't even noticed that, but he is growing before our eyes and it's so hard to keep up. The greatest gain for him so far is his length! This kid is looooooong! His fit fill 0-3 footy pajamas already, while his body has some catching up. He kinda looks like a flying squirrel in those pajamas! My dad, Papa J, is always bragging to anyone he can how tall his 'Bambilini' is, how he may be a left handed pitcher, and how his wingspan in insanely long for a month old baby!
Anyhoo! Jason is working from home today, and we are about to paint our kitchen, laundry room and half bath. It'll probably be a 1-day, 2-night ordeal. My sweet Mom is coming over today to watch Clark while we do some much needed home stuff! I'll put some pics up when all is said and done. Our handyman is coming Thursday to put the ceramic tile in, do some minor plumbing, drywall and baseboard repair, and (fingers-crossed) our water damage will be a distant memory!
Here's a picture of Clark right now while I type! He seems to like this swing!
Our sweet almost 5-week old!
Love to you all! Hope you are all doing well!









4 comments:
Oh my gosh! He has changed so much since I last saw him. WOW!!! He looks great! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Love you! Liz
I'm glad to hear yall are back at home! There's nothing like it! Also good to hear Clark is doing well with his reflux! He is absolutly beautiful, we cant qait to meet him! By the way we have the exact same swing and LOVVE it!!
He's so darn cute! We can't wait to meet him. Sorry to hear about the reflux. We dealt with that for a LONG time. Just when you think you can't handle it, it goes away. Enjoy your time with him. Time certainly does fly!
I love the new pictures! He's so big!
Post a Comment