Sunday, July 26, 2009
Month Cinco!
Clark William turned 5 months on July 25! We measured him today and he's exactly 28.5 inches, which is in the 98.6 percentile (Yes, Jason did the math!) :-)
He's still long and lean, except for his chubby and cute cheeks and chins! He currently wears 9mth footie pajamas and 9 month clothes! He can squeeze into a few of his 6mth clothes, but it's getting tight. I was shocked to hear his diaper size (3) is only 1 size less than his cousin Abby's - who is 22 months older!!! We are blessed with all of his growth and development and wouldn't want Clark to be any different! He just makes us laugh nearly every time he stretches out - he's soooo long we always say! Why am I shocked? His Daddy is 6'7". Here's a list of his new tricks:
1) He can pull his bottle to his mouth and also push away with fervor.
2) He can put his legs under his booty and push off ~ which propels him forward slowly
3) He reaches for almost everything: hair, toys, our cheeks, mouths, Sophie, paci, etc.
4) He loves standing with very little support
5) He gets a HUGE kick out of fake punching his Daddy or mock body slamming him
6) My favorite: He's TICKLE-ISH!!! Under his arms and his lower waist; It's especially fun to do both at once
7) He eats rice cereal - only 2 feedings so far
8) He takes small naps at about the same times each day! In his crib! Yay!
9) He says "Ba" "Gooaaa" "MehMeh" "Ooooohh"
10) He LOVES the color red - like his Momma!
11) He has discovered his tongue and loves sticking it out
12) He can raise his legs all the way up in the air and grab them...He's almost able to put them into his mouth (he tries very hard)
13) The Excersaucer 3-in-1 is my (and his) new best friend!
14) He likes mellow Jimi Hendrix, Alison Krauss, classic gospel hymns (with most of the wrong words because I can't remember), and his Daddy singing a lovely death metal tune from Six Feet Under...I don't understand his tastes yet ;-).
15) His head/neck control is amazing; He often tries to get out of his carseat and swing.
P.S. Did you know that infant car seats are for newborns to babies no loner than 29" -- Clark is 28.5"...what on earth are we going to do?? Seriously! He's even "grown out" of the Baby Bjorn but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE using it so I don't know what to do.
Love to you all!
~Emily, Jason and Clark
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Seriously, I think he's quite possibly the cutest boy I've ever seen!!!
I LOVE that little outfit he's wearing for this month's pictures. I cannot believe he's already five months old. Where has the time gone?! He really does look like you in most of those pics! Too cute!!
He is getting so big!!
Just FYI we had to switch Hunter to a convertible car seat at 6 months for that very reason :-( (our boys and their 6'7" daddy's were just not made to fit this stuff.) Convertible is not as convenient as the baby carrier but he was getting HEAVY in that thing anyway.
Love all the pics I can't believe he is already 5 months old!
Post a Comment