Saturday, December 5, 2009

9 Months!


Clark enjoyed alot of firsts these past two months! Thanksgiving was a wonderful day! On Tuesday, we had my parents and brother's family come over to celebrate my Dad's birthday! It was a great way to kick off the holiday and celebrate the bestest PaaaPaaa in the whole wide world! On Thursday, we loaded up and went to my Aunt Amy and Uncle Lamar's house in Dallas. There, Clark LOVED playing with Madeline, Ben and Will and seeing his cousins Thomas and Michael. His favorite person on Thanksgiving was Lamar - he just LOVED him and sat so contentedly in his lap watching the games on TV.

He had his 9-month checkup this past Thursday and received an outstanding report from the Dr.! She was happy to hear he was crawling all over the place, pulling up to stand, waving, clapping, making all kinds of noises and sounds, putting himself to sleep, and eating and sleeping well! On Thanksgiving, he had his first "conversation" with Aunt Amy! She made a funny noise and he mimicked the noise to her and they went back and forth. I got it on video and it's hilarious! We got the go-ahead on eating finger foods, fruits and puffs. So far, he's had a Snuffer's potato, FreeBirds rice and chicken, a banana puff and a teeny piece of roll. We'll be more adventurous in the future but will take it slow.

The newest thing Clark just learned is to give kisses ~ I'd been trying to teach that to him for at least 1 month, and on Thursday, he did it!! It was so sweet that he "got it" and leaned in with open mouth in a grin! Jason and I were like "Yay, good boy!", so he leaned in for another smackeroo!! It made my morning today when I got him out of bed and asked for him to give Mommy a kiss and he did - twice!! He even kissed Daddy too! I LOVE firsts!! We are continuously grateful and overwhelmed by the blessing that Clark is! Every milestone and every day of health is something we thank God for! I don't want to take one thing for-granted, but that's hard to do in the hustle and bustle! :-)

Height: 30 1/2 inches ~ 95th percentile (He wears 12 and 18-month clothes!!!)
Weight: 22 lbs ~ 80th percentile
Head: 18 ~ 50th percentile

I've included a HUGE slideshow of some 8 month pictures, his first Halloween, as well as some 9 month shots!

No comments: