Monday, February 1, 2010

11 Month Update!



Well, we're almost at the 12 month mark, and I seriously cannot believe how the time has flown by. We have an 11-month old baby boy!

I remember one year ago when I was pregnant with Clark. People would ask me if I was ready (as in impatient for his birth day to come). I honestly told them no, that I was cherishing the time I had with Jason - and specifically the fact that my arms (among other things) would serve only me until this baby was born. Now, a year later, I can't imagine not having my son in my arms. Just this morning, Jason was holding him and I walked up to say "good morning." Clark reached over and jumped into my arms! I find myself hanging on to him at night, once his bottle is finished, and it's time for me to put him in his crib and say "night, night". I just hold him and rub his ears (he LOVES this) and try to extend and savor the time I have with my baby boy!

Clark is our joy and our greatest blessing! We are so grateful that God chose to share Clark with us ~ I've said it to many friends and family, but no moment in life stands a chance competing with each second with Clark (and Jason of course)! I remember a few months ago, when I turned 30. My mom asked me what I wanted, and for the first time in my life, I didn't have to rack my brain to think of some little trinket -- I had the greatest gift of all. Seriously, what more do I need? Christmas was the same, and is was so special thinking of Jesus' birth and the plan God had for his life and then look at our son and celebrate his birth into the world. One day, we hope and pray to share in his second birth!

So it is with a very fulfilled and happy heart that I give the latest and greatest updates on Clark William at 11 months!
  • Waves hello and goodbye
  • Says "Mama" when he wants me and "Dadda" when he wants Jason!
  • Knows what "Bottle" means; knows who Sophie is and LOVES her; knows "cheese" (he's my son!)
  • Claps enthusiastically for us or for anything when he's happy; He clapped heartily for his cousin Juliette at her basketball game!
  • Shakes his head "no-no" when he's done with eating OR is still working on a bite
  • Shakes his head "no-no" just about any time!
  • Says "no, no" after I tell our dog Sophie for the umpteenth time "No!" -- I need to think of a more positive/benign word, huh?
  • Enjoyed his first bath with his cousin Abby (see picture below) Italic
  • says "Nana" and "Papa"; We're trying to teach him that he has a Nana and a Papa (in Dallas) and "Nana T" and "Papa T" in Longview. I'm sure this will take time! He doesn't care what they're called as long as they are giving him kisses and hugs!
  • has a new best buddy, Luke (whose 1st birthday is two weeks after Clark's) :-)
  • Throws his favorite animals and his lovey "Raffi" out of his crib when he wakes up from a nap (See video) ; We're not sure about this one - I believe that perhaps he is planning his escape and is sending his "scouts" out to do some reconnaissance. ;-)
  • He received his first "unofficial" haircut to get rid of the sweet mullet he was rockin'! I saved the hair because it was his first baby hair! We'll wait until he gets a lot more shaggy to do the official "first" cut! I'm waiting to see if that hair is going to curl; Mine did a little after 12 mos.
  • Understands to some extent what "No, Clark" means - it makes him pout (so cute), so I know we're on the right track.
  • I know the grandparents won't believe this, but he throws mini-squealy-tantrums when we take the Desitin from him (don't ask) or we don't give him cheese puffs fast enough! (He won't do this in front of visitors YET!!
  • He's measuring 31 and a half inches ~ He's not growing at such a fast rate any more, which is great, and we're able to still wear 18 mos clothes and pajamas. Target may go out of business if he doesn't grow soon! ;-) jk!
  • He can pull up to stand on just about anything
  • He can stand alone and stand from a sitting position without holding anything - we anticipate walking soon, but aren't in a rush!
  • He has taken a few steps while pushing his dump truck
  • Thankfully, he is still able to get to sleep without rocking - although as I said earlier, I am holding on to him a little longer each night! Naptime, though, he gets a bottle and then a "nighty-night" and a kiss and goes to his crib. First, he'll get re-acquainted with his buddies and then settle into a nap. Pretty much the same with bedtime.
  • He naps usually two times a day, but can easily take three if we are just at home. (Yes - I am grateful!)

  • He crawled UP onto the fireplace hearth three times! (This is about 1 1/2 feet above the ground) First, when he did it the first time and the second and third were when Jason and I couldn't believe he did it the first time (so we made him do it again). Thankfully, he hasn't done it again because we're watching him like hawks!
  • He eats a variety of adult foods: chicken tetrazini, meaty spaghetti, croissant roll sandwiches with turkey and cheese, bananas, grapes, apples, rice, chicken and most recently PANCAKES! He LOVES them! I love making them for him too!
  • He still takes 2-3 bottles a day (before naps and bedtime)
  • He shakes his tushy when the Dragon Tales song comes on ~ Not full on dancing, but he senses the beat and as Gloria Estefan says, he "feels the rhythm" :-)
  • He loves to play peekaboo! So cute is when he just shuts his eyes tight and then opens them really big when we say "peekaboo"! Below, he's pictured playing peekaboo with the curtains the other night:

  • Our family at Juliette's basketball game in January! Clark wore his A&M Basketball warm-ups that Papa T gave him for Christmas!
And last but not least, a slideshow of some good times with Clark at 10-11 months!

We'll post more when the BIG DAY comes around! We're anticipating a small but very special birthday party! For now, we will hold on to our baby before he's a toddler. We will not hesitate to answer his cries and will cherish these moments before he's jumping down and running off. I know it just gets better and better!

NEWSFLASH (as of 7:50pm and while I typed the earlier portion): Clark officially took two-three steps unassisted from me to Daddy and then back to me!!!!!!!!!!! Video to come when he does it again!!! You heard it here first! :-) WOW! What a feeling! :-)


2 comments:

The Tenner Family said...

He took steps?! Oh yay!!! Can't wait to see this in person!! What a cutie patootie nephew we have! :)

Linda said...

What a doll! Loved the video!