Here is the information we got at Clark's 6 month checkup on Thursday morning:
Height: 29" - 95++ percentile
Weight: 19 lbs. 3ozs - 85th percentile
Head: 17.2" - 50th percentile
Clark got a total of 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Poor baby - he was not a happy camper for the rest of the afternoon, but got a good night's sleep and woke up Friday morning feeling better.
We got the go-ahead on beginning fruits and veggies, so we gave him some applesauce Friday night and have a hilarious picture to tell you how he liked that. I'm going to make a run to Sprout's tomorrow and pick up some sweet potatoes and make some baby food for him to try next. Who knew you only needed a pot, a steamer insert and a hand mixer (or food processor) to make baby food! I'm pumped about it!
Initial reaction to Applesauce:
"Mom, what are you DOING to me?"
Clark is right on target for his age (and boy do I love this age); He grabs things, holds things with both hands, follows and tracks people and objects quickly, sits up mostly unsupported, rolls from back to tummy (kind-of) and tummy to back (with encouragement), props up on his elbows during tummy time, laughs uncontrollably, giggles, smiles, makes his "g","m","b","k","o" sounds, blows strawberries, etc.
He LOVES to grab your face too. It's one of my favorite things!
He still fusses when he's on his tummy for longer than 15 minutes, but we're letting him figure out for himself that he has the ability to move and switch to his back without our help. Things our Dr. told us to watch for in the next month are teeth and possible crawling.
Clark wears mostly 9 months clothes right now, but pajamas are getting scarce, so he's about to begin wearing 12 month footy pjs. I'm giving up on outfits for the time being, unless the outfit is a Carter's 6,9 or 12-month onesie and a pair of pants. Most of his pants are now capris, but I could care less (and so could he!) He just cannot wear separates or jumpers for longer than 1 month. It's no big deal, really; it's just been something we've learned slowly. I'm just thankful he's so healthy, growing and happy! (On a side note, we put on the cap that Clark had in the hospital right after he was born. It was so tight! He totally looked like a member of Kevin Federline's posse - mostly because he was wearing the blue/pink beanie, a long sleeved onesie and short (mismatching) navy shorts with socks pulled to his shins--g'het-tttto) ;-)
Friday, we also introduced Clark to the sippy cup! It was funny at first watching him figure out how to drink it, and then he realized immediately it was much colder than his warm bottles. At dinner, he just sucked and sucked - he LOVED the cold water! He holds the handle with just his left hand now, and doesn't realize yet he needs to tilt his head back to actually drink. :-)
On another exciting note (for me), Jason's Aunt Sue & Uncle Rob sent a care package for Clark yesterday and he got his 1st pair of shoes!!! They are adorable brown and blue Pediped sneakers, and are going to perfect for the fall and almost walking times!! We put them on Clark and he loves them too; He kept hiking his left leg up to look and touch his shoes! Thank you both so much!
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!









2 comments:
I love 6 months old! It just gets more and more fun each month doesn't it? I love his reaction to applesauce so adorable. Take it from me (the mom who had her kid in the wrong size shoe for 8 months). When it comes time for walking go to stride rite and have them measure his little feet. I felt awful for being a whole size and half off. I thought Hunter hated wearing shoes :-(walking
We are counting the days until Saturday, when CLARK WILLIAM gets to be spoiled by us for a afternoon. The blog update was great. I did notice, CLARK WILLIAM's left hand looks just like his PAPA RICK's. Short, powerful fingers! Aunt SUE loves doing those thoughtful things.
Post a Comment