Friday, August 26, 2011

Playing Catch-up

Charlie is 4 months old today, and Clark turned 2 1/2 years yesterday! WOW!

Last Friday, I was so lucky to get to spend the day with Miss Maddy! She is about a month younger than Charlie and the daughter of our very dear friends!! We have loved her and prayed for this sweet girl ever since we heard she was coming into the world! So, having her come and play was especially precious!

This pic above nearly sums up how incredibly PRECIOUS Maddy is!

Look at these bright, beautiful eyes and gorgeous eyelashes (like her Mommy's)



She is absolutely beautiful and so smiley! It was too fun to have the color pink and sweet girly coos in our nearly all boy home!! The boys were smitten with her - well Clark was the most! He called her "cute baby Maddy" countless times and just talked with her - he even tried to tickle her too! Charlie, in typical 3 month old fashion, just sat, watched and drooled! ;-) So far, I think Clark's wooing was the most successful! Check out the pictures I posted of the boys and their girlfriend!! (A little note: We were in the midst of a diaper/wardrobe change in the midst of this session! ;-)






Love Maddy's expression here!!

I think Clark is bragging about his jump shot here!


In two weeks, Clark begins a two-a-week "preschool" program! He's never done this before, and only has experience in the church nursery and the 24 hour fitness kid's club. I'm a little anxious for him, but I hope and pray he'll thrive in the Christian environment and make lots of new friends! We are so amazed and humbled by the gains he's made over the summer, and can't wait to see what ways he'll mature in the coming year! He has really taken to drawing, coloring and painting. Maybe he'll follow in my footsteps with a love of architecture and design! :-)

While Clark is at school, I'm looking forward to spending one on one time with Charlie!!! Plus, I'll have some time hopefully to develop my sewing/monogramming business! Thanks so much to those of you who've been patient with my during my pregnant/post-partum time. Soon, I'll be back in business!

We go to Charlie's 4 month appointment next week, and I can't wait to see how our deliciously chubby boy weighs! He wears 6 months pajamas and jumpers, 3 or 6 month onesies, and size 3 diapers! Ha! He's a hearty eater and is such a happy, smiley, bouncy baby boy! We're so, so thankful!

Here's some pictures of Charlie Bubba over the past month!



















And here is my big, 2 1/2 year old boy, up to his usual silliness!

He is in love with skateboards/boogie boards ever since his trip to the beach. Here is he on a teeny tiny matchbox skateboard. (Yeah, you can't see it, cause it's below his foot! haha!). He insisted on wearing his bicycle "helmet hat" so he'd be safe on his "kateboard". We recently watched X-games on demand with him and told him the boys without the helmets - aka ALL of them - are in danger for big booboos!

And he still LOVES playing in baby powder when I'm not watching! Oops! No base coat of baby Vicks Vaporub this time, thankfully!

Also, we are thinking of all the teachers out there who have gone back to school, and we pray your school year is a very blessed one! May you know the incredible impact your work has on the children! God can and will do amazing things through you all this year! :-)

[Thank you, Mom, for loving on the babies, so I can update this blog!]

1 comment:

Jenae said...

So cute! Good luck with preschool!